Weekend Box Office Recap
Posted by Mac10 on July 14, 2008
I haven’t seen all of the top 5 grossing movies this weekend, but that doesn’t mean I can’t review them. Plus, I need to do a non-sports blog for once.
1. Hellboy II: The Golden Army – Dare I say even better than the first? Since I have seen neither, I will make that bold claim.
2. Hancock – Will Smith and Jason Bateman join forces to save a mediocre script. Plus, it had a great sex scene in the middle but maybe that is because I watched it in Australia.
3. Journey to the Center of the Earth – I’m glad to see Brendan Fraser get back to starring in thoroughly mediocre movies. We missed you, Brendan.
4. Wall-E – The first 40 minutes are simply amazing. Whie the rest of the movie can’t live up to the beginning, the whole thing is enjoyable with a satisfying conclusion. Pixar continues to produce great movies, not just great kids movies.
5. Wanted – By the end, I wanted James McAvoy to be hung from a hook like he was in Last King of Scotland. On the other hand, Morgan Freeman says “mother fucker.” Call it a draw.