Weekend Box Office Recap
Posted by Mac10 on July 21, 2008
You know the drill. Quick reviews of movies that I haven’t actually seen (usually).
1. The Dark Knight-I don’t get what the big deal is. It was a poor man’s Batman & Robin. I’ll take Arnold’s Mr. Freeze over Ledger’s Joker any day of the week.*
2. Mamma Mia-Is ABBA really popular enough to have a musical based on their music? Or is their music only popular because of this musical? It’s like the chicken or the egg, only if the chicken was a shitty band and the egg was a shitty musical.
3. Hancock-Apparently, Jason Bateman has decided to take the Dane Cook route of casting female leads. In Hancock and Arrested Development, he has been in a relationship with Charlize Theron (aka Mr. F). Not that I’m criticizing. Every movie I starred in would have Natalie Portman as my love interest.
4. Journey to the Center of the Earth-I hate it when people pronounce Brendan Fraser’s last name as Fraizer. There’s no ‘i’ in there people. Also, this movie probably blows.
5. Hellboy II: Golden Showers-That may not be the actual title, but any Guillermo del Toro movie without a character with eyes on his hands is not worthy of my time.
*Seriously, The Dark Knight is fucking amazing. DrFunke’s review summed up my feelings pretty well.