Weekend Box Office Recap
Posted by Mac10 on August 18, 2008
If you’ve been reading my posts this week (and odds are, you haven’t been) then you know that I have been too busy watching the Olympics to see any movies. Luckily, this won’t stop me from reviewing them.
1. Tropic Thunder – As much as I like Robert Downey Jr., no white guy pretending to be a black guy will ever top C. Thomas Howell in Soul Man.
2. The Dark Knight – This really needs to leave the top 5. I am running out of things to say about it. This movie has spawned debate in some circles (namely: my weekly circle jerk group) over the attractiveness of Maggie Gyllenhaal. I argue that she has a subtle hotness about her. Others, like DrFunke, claim that she too closely resembles the Joker to be attractive. Feel free to comment on this post and let us know your thoughts on this very important debate.
3. Star Wars: The Clone Wars – I am a Star Wars nerd, and even I didn’t see this movie. So, how is it #3 in the box office? My only conclusion is that, for people like Wudgles, this movie is a perfect fusion of their 2 favorite things: Star Wars and anime porn.
4. Mirrors – How wasted was Kiefer Sutherland when he agreed to do this movie? I was intrigued, though, when two of the plot keywords on IMDB were Interracial Love and Remake of Korean Film. Those are usually 2 keywords I look for when browsing the internets for videos.
5. Pineapple Express – If you would like to read a review of this movie from someone who has actually seen it, please see DrFunke’s review. My advice is to only see this movie if you are a pothead, otherwise re-watch Superbad or Forgetting Sarah Marshall.