Links of the week
Posted by DrFunke on June 1, 2009
Let’s do this dance.
1. The Fat Jew. Normally, I feel the same way about Twitter as I do about pretty much everything else ever: I hate it irrationally for reasons I can’t quite articulate because of brain trauma induced by heavy drinking. A lot of my job this summer involves me spending time on Twitter, and that means a lot of the time I want to perform self-lobotomies in my office. This guy, however, is probably the only good thing to ever happen on Twitter. Search until you find the post, “Maybe, just once, someone will call me ‘Sir’ without adding, ‘you’re making a scene.'” God I hope Twitter is only a fad, or else it will eventually become the hippies/Jews to my Eric Cartman.
2. Black People Love Us. You’re welcome.
3. The 7 Most Mind-Blowing Foreign TV Moments. Mild racism, out of context TV clips, and joyous music videos? Sign me up. I nearly peed my pants at number 5.
4. If you have some time to read… This is a pretty long story, but it’s cool. This dude from Raleigh ran into a bunch of Pittsburgh Penguin players at a bar one night and ended having an epic story to tell, and the moral is that NHL players are awesome to drink with. They became the Neil Patrick Harris to his Harold and Kumar. I write the worst analogies ever.
5. The Onion Rules. Another awesome Onion News video. I dare you to not waste your time searching through the older videos. I recommend the dorm party arson video and the talkshow host who’s suddenly extremely interested in manslaughter law loopholes. Also, I just realized this post makes it seem like I find murdering hobos/random drifters to be one of the most entertaining things ever. My mom must have been drinking when she was pregnant. 😦
Enjoy. Mac-10 and I will be working on more stuff about the Wire, and I’ll be putting up another few posts this week.