Weekend Box Office Recap
Posted by Mac10 on June 16, 2009
- The Hangover – So I finally saw this last week. It may be time to start putting Todd Phillips name up there with Judd Apatow. With Old School and Starsky and Hutch (criminally underrated) already on the resume, this movie pushes his name to the top of the comedy list. Also, an underrated line in the movie that I didn’t catch until later in the movie was Zach Galifinakis discussing a movie with Ted Danson, Magnum PI, and the Jewish guy. He was talking about 3 Men and a Baby.
- Up – Every review I have read about this talks about the fat kid was an Asian-American. Maybe it’s because I think all fat people look alike, but I never noticed he was Asian. Also, I read some feminism crap complaining Pixar doesn’t make movies with female protagonists. Well, I sat through years of Disney making only female-led movies and that didn’t stop me from jerking off watching them.
- The Taking of Pelham 123 – I love Denzel as much as the next black woman, but I can’t really get fired up about this movie. It just looks like another Speed without the beautiful chemistry of Keanu and Sandra (arguably the greatest actor and actress of our time)*. Why couldn’t Denzel and Travolta switch roles? Give me badass Denzel (Training Day and American Gangster) over bad guy Travolta (Wild Hogs)**.
- Night at the Museum 2 – I actually went to go see this. It’s pretty much what you expect: an entertaining movie with a few funny scenes, but nothing you will remember or think about in a couple days. Plus, I called what would happen at the end of the movie which is always fun to get right. Don’t judge me for getting a confidence boost for correctly predicting the end of a kids movie.
- Land of the Lost – Will Ferrell is apparently in development on IMDB for Anchorman 2. Am I the only one who doesn’t want to see an Anchorman 2? The first one is undeniably great, but a sequel just seems unnecessary.
* Excepting Sir Nicolas Cage of course
** I have never seen this movie